View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 09:02 AM   #1173
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
still don’t see how it evens up spring pressure
Agreed as the springs are still held the same way - it's not like individual the caps move around.

I've got 'spider' retainers on both of my Ducati clutches primarily because I like the look, but there is a possible benefit with regards to if the bike goes down in that individual clutch posts are less likely to catch on anything or break off due to the plate spreading the load evenly?

I had the centre hub nut come undone on my 916 which had a carbon half clutch cover on it at the time. This caused the entire clutch pack to work it's way out of the casing and rather than the individual posts (potentially?) catching on the cover and ripping it off, the retainer smoothly ran on the cover for a while longer than it might have otherwise - until of course it cut right through the cover, at which point the entire clutch hub assembly ejected from the basket, lodged itself into the fairing and spat the cush rubbers onto the road.

However in this I case think that, maybe it got me a little bit further along the road than it might have if I'd had individual caps fitted??

Last edited by Dukedesmo; 05-03-2020 at 11:40 AM..
Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote