View Single Post
Old 16-09-2016, 11:51 AM   #34
AndyC_772

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
Still doesn't answer my question, I meet club members regularly throughout the year, I have no idea if this is meant to be a riding holiday or a general **** up with a bit of riding included, so repeated posts about new faces would be welcome, like I said, a bit more info on what to expect would be a good place to start.
The Weekender is an opportunity to get together with some like-minded friends, enjoy riding your bike over some great roads, then retire back to the hotel for food, drink and banter afterwards.

There are usually planned rides on the Saturday and Sunday, which last for the whole morning (and in the case of last year's long ride, well into the afternoon as well, with breaks for tea and lunch). You don't have to go out on all of them, of course, but most people do, and for me it's the main focus of the trip. There is, after all, little point in riding to a part of the world with such great roads and scenery if you don't get out there and enjoy them.

In previous years we've had a variety of other activities planned as well. These vary from one year to another and are down to whoever is doing the organising. Usually there's some kind of competition and a charity raffle, plus anything else that happens to be available in the area on the day.

I guess the straight answer to your question, is that it's a riding holiday, based somewhere that has great roads, with good food and an excellent bar to enjoy after each day out. What's not to like?
AndyC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote