View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 09:54 PM   #4
Nasher

Bike: M900
Thanks Flip

I went with the Hyperpro data, thinking like you that they must have done some research.

I had a great day in the garage from mid-morning through to tea time, but did have lunch with Lady Nasher and the dog in the garden.

Changed both front fork seals, did a couple of other smaller jobs, but also gave the whole front end a deep clean whilst it was stripped down. The Brembos have come up like new.

It's sat there all back together, all I need to do now is test ride it, but that won't be for a while of course.

I find that a spring compressor for upside down forks, and Oil height syringe tool make life so much easier, and make the whole process far more controlled.
I did of course find that the plastic tubes in the Marzocchis are not drilled to use a clamp, but I drilled them once they were apart to make putting them back together much easier. I did check it won't effect oil flow.

Both of mine are home made, but faithful copies or very expensive professional kit. As much as I like buying tools, it's even better when you make them.

Nasher.