View Single Post
Old 09-01-2024, 05:51 PM   #22
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I'm pretty sure that Mark's forks are from a Monster Sie. The aloominum toobs are the exact same length as on my original Sie forks @485.

Nasher, I remember you telling me that Monster forks are 450 and SS are 500. This must be the non-adjustable type?

I've offered the new forks against the original and the axle is a bit further out than the originals, but it's on the side stand and so will be a bit compressed. There's about 15mm max in it.
Time will tell when I get the chance to pop the bike up on the stem stand and measure the fully extended length.

A 1098/848 axle is also needed for this conversion as it doesn't look like the original would work, but I will try. The later axle needs a sleeve nut to fill the forks properly. The sleeve nut might fit the old spindle? Good ol' Nasher supplied an axle and nut with the forks, so all good and thanks again Nasher.

An issue I might have with my older bike, is that I need to fit the speedo drive gearbox on the axle. This is absent on the later models. (Hall sensor rear wheel.)
Initial glances seem to indicate that there will be enough room, fingers crossed.

I stole these puppies from an Aprilia RSV4. Well it was an ebay auction that ended at a totally unsociable time, so I set my alarm and was the only bidder at the end. The pads were more than the callipers!
They use 4 pads per caliper, so that's 1 pad per piston. I guess the theory is that each piston can deliver it's best pressure to the pad? So far not been able to source Ti pins for them, but to be fair the pins are very hard to see.
I've broken a very long tradition and gone for sintered 4HH pads, having used organic for some decades now, I've stuck with EBC though.
Also got another set of sintered for the rear as you shouldn't mix them. This will leave the new organic rear pads spare.. If anyone has the need?

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 09-01-2024 at 05:54 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote