View Single Post
Old 08-01-2024, 08:40 PM   #17
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I managed a few hours in the bike shed yesterday.
I buffed up the humbrol frame touch up and I'm satisfied that it's much better than before with the rusty mark in the crotch of the weld completely disappeared and the "bird dropping" on the tube now so subtle as to not notice, especially on the "down" side on the stand.

Spent most of the time scaping paint off the spare tank.. How tedious! Still can't bring myself to touch the one off the bike, but it's really quite scabby in places.

I had a lift this evening when I opened a box from Nasher.

It's a set of his hybrid forks, using Monster Showa outers with the bottoms and innards from a 1098. He's a clever chap. It's very nicely done.

The Monster outers actually came from Mark's (Darkness) estate. I bought the forks from his widow via Nasher.
When I decided to abandon the 750SS project that the forks were destined for, Nasher got wind and bought the forks from me. So back to Hampshire they went, to be hybridised for a customer of Nasher's.
Whilst discussing a project I was scheming, to convert an ST3 into an S3 Monster, Nasher mentioned that he still had the forks and we conspired to do another deal with them only with 1098 internals this time.
So time passes and I managed to stave off the impulse to build an S3, but the Monster was feeling decidedly under par, brake wise, compared to my new bike with radial calipers, master and ABS.
So when Nasher returned from a lengthy and unexpected trip abroad the conversation continued and here they are back in Norfolk again with about 600 miles on the clock already!

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 08-01-2024 at 08:43 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote