Thread: Standard ecu?
View Single Post
Old 30-09-2020, 11:40 AM   #7
Uncle Bob

Bike: M1100evo
I have an Evo with DP ECU, filter and carbon Termis. My experience started out the same as yours.

Rather than get shot of the bike I took the advice of a number of people on this site and had the ECU reflashed by Neil at Cornerspeed for £250. I also removed the lambda sensors and replaced them with blanking plugs (as they are no longer required after the reflash), then after refitting the ECU I did the TPS reset. Blanking plugs for the exhaust and also the electrical connections were sourced from eBay, with links provided by Luddite IIRC.

I also removed the exhaust valve motor from under the seat, since that's no longer required either. I've left the actual valve in place though as its static posotion is 'open'. Makes a nice space for a disc lock under the seat.

I haven't changed the sprocket, because after a few hundred miles (hard to say exactly how many) of the ECU\TPS relearning what it needed to, during which it didn't feel much different than before the reflash, the bike just suddenly became rather excellent and I could finally see why so many people recommended taking these steps!

Now the bike is smooth at low speed and 30mph zones are no issue, whether on my own or two up. I would definitely recommend it. For under £300 the bike is transformed.
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote