View Single Post
Old 29-08-2020, 06:20 PM   #96
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
New discs fitted, calipers stripped and kitted at the same time, with new pistons. Good to finally have properly functioning brakes. The old discs were definitely quite worn out, with quite a bit of variation in thickness around the discs - measured with a vernier though, not a dti, so not a good indicator, and I realise even pad deposits could be the culprit too. Couldn't find any info on service limit, but if it is the same as the EBC discs (4.5mm), then the old discs were very close to the limit anyway.

While I was working on the brakes, I also took the opportunity to drop the jet needle one clip to lean the mixture a bit - I had been playing with the pilot circuit but wasn't able to affect the hesitation on transition to the needle. Dropping the jet has definitely made a marked improvement - still a slight hesitation at times, but it is only for a moment before the bike pulls strong again.

That along with the brakes has made the bike much more a joy to ride - and I still need to replace those old tyres.
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote