View Single Post
Old 16-08-2020, 01:18 PM   #93
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
Finally coming back to the 'warped' discs issue... I've had the bike nearly a year now and have ridden it less than 500mi - seems I like spending more time with it in pieces than actually riding!

Booked in for an MOT on Tuesday, so of course I've left it until today to investigate the surface conditioning. Some quick reading via google backs up your theory Gazza - warped discs are far more likely to be variations in the friction surface left by the pads in the bedding-in process.

I had previously tried the spank n tug, but really I wasn't doing as described, so I'm going to put it on the hoist today and see if there is any visual evidence of places where surface friction has come off, then I'll take it out to a quiet road for a more methodical approach to the spank n tug.

They're old breaking wave discs so I'm not too bothered if I have to replace them as I'd rather have the oem brembo's on there anyway, but they can stay if they're not warped.

Must be my time for brakes - the freelander I brought a year ago (and sold yesterday) needed a full brake system overhaul when I got it (every component bar one caliper and the master cylinder needed replacing), and I noticed yesterday that my recently-acquired RX-8 has a slightly binding caliper on the drivers front.
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote