View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 11:55 AM   #3
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
I’d change the gear return spring (27) and the spring on the selector pawl (20) while I was in there, under a tenner for the pair, but a PITA to get to unless you’re already in there, and the return springs are prone to breaking at ~30k miles in my experience.
Sage words from slob there, (I got less than 10k from mine before it broke). Definitely change them now while you have the access. They're only a few pounds. http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=57677

When reassembling the flywheel assembly, be careful with the thin washer (17) that goes between the flywheel and the crankshaft bearing face. It has to be centred with the bush (18) as, if it slips before tightening down, it will get chewed up as the engine turns.

From the 1100 Evo workshop manual:

"Refitting the flywheel-alternator assembly
Fit the washer (17), duly lubricated, the needle roller bearing (19), and the inner ring (18) to the crankshaft. Make sure the inner ring is centred on the washer.

Fit the previously assembled flywheel-rotor-driven gear on the crankshaft, taking care not to alter the position of inner ring (18) with respect to the washer (17)."
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote