View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 03:50 PM   #19
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Yep, unfortunately I think they are, the White faces making them unique, and of course are coded to the ECU via the immobiliser, although that last bit is easily rectifiable if the ECU has a short holiday at Avanti Race parts.

Not sure where I go from here as all the companies I've contacted today are reluctant to take on the repair because it's not the usual LCD gone down.

Might have to invoke my plan B and build separate circuits for the indicators and High Beam warning light.

Nasher.
Yea, it'd be the white faces which were unique to the SS, the monster clocks of the same era are the same but without the white but even they go for silly money. IIRC the 900SSie I had used the old 916 style clocks which are plentyful ironically, but that was before '02 of course.

The later Sport Classic had white faced dials but I think they were made by someone else not Marelli so although they look similar the insides could be different, maybe? Even so you'd probably have to pay through the nose for Sport Classics clocks given the s/hand prices of the bikes.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote