View Single Post
Old 28-07-2021, 05:10 PM   #29
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Can't believe the price of those CRG mirrors. You must want to see where you've been real bad
Heh. It doesn't take too many M3's overtaking you at 50 over when you're being law-abiding but need to change lanes before you come to the conclusion that admiring your elbows isn't really good enough...

I've ridden bikes without mirrors for years. But on the Monster, my chin hits my shoulder and stops me looking behind enough to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Found these that look foldable and at a more sensible price.

Don't know what they're like though.
I put a pair of those on a 900; they're fine. The extra expansion sleeve is not used for thick-wall ally bars (my Dark has 900Sie bars). Other cheap generic bar ends may use a rubber sleeve; these tend to rotate with vibration - the metal sleeve is a more positive mounting IME.

Thing to be careful of is that they're concave mirrors (which the listing you posted was) - otherwise, can be not very useful looking at tiny images in a 3" mirror 2 feet away.

I had several pairs bar of end mirrors, and most were OK in fit/function (beware the very cheap ones). In the end, I reverted to bigger mirrors closer to my line-of-sight. The only reason the stock mirrors are totally useless is because the stalks don't get them out far enough from the perch to see anything but the inside of your elbows...

These don't look flash, but work great - if the stem were ~20mm longer, they'd be about perfect, but they do yield a view directly behind in about 50% of the mirror if suitably adjusted. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303550224455.
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote