View Single Post
Old 27-03-2017, 06:34 PM   #5
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez900ie View Post
Just a wild guess, but are the pumps the same? You know that your "old pump" works correctly...
Yup, the pump that came with the "spare" tank was identical, although no corrosion on the body - unlike my "original". I bought the spare on principle - because they come up so infrequently. Carbed tanks don't fit, and the 2001 S4 uses a different frame (and tank bottom to match) - as all the later FI bikes use that frame, the 2000-2001 900ie's have a tank that's unique to them, as far as I can tell. Despite them both being 2001 900ie tanks, the yellow one has a completely different feed/return/vent layout, and the internal hard pipes are different too..

After 30 minutes cursing the tank ring, I also fired it up on that pump, just to make sure the split hose was the only problem before I invested too much time - even though, with a 50mm split down to the cloth in that hose, I was surprised it even had enough pressure in the fuel rail that it ran, however poorly...

However, once the hose was replaced, started immediately, responded to throttle as expected. Yup, all good - so long as I can get the damned tank back together
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote