View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 12:04 AM   #11
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
When I started driving - a long time ago - you had to be caught travelling for a third of a mile above the speed limit to be deemed to be speeding. If you were caught it was "a fair cop" - your own stupid fault.

Then suddenly it was Ok to have instantaneous implementation via a camera (subject to due warning and proper signage and markers on the road to ensure the accuracy of the technology recording the offence) - I do not think anyone voted for or was consulted prior to this implementation/ change in law / application of the law.

Now it appears we have lost the due warning and /or need for markers on the road that enable Joe Citizen to challenge the accuracy of the technology employed by the state - I do not think the public have been consulted in this change and as such it is one more creeping infringement imposed by an unaccountable bureaucracy.

If it is the Ministry of Transport behind this change then it is entirely as a consequence of them having hundreds of employees with not very much to do ( I worked there for 2/3 years so I know this to be true)
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote