View Single Post
Old 18-06-2020, 06:28 PM   #1262
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I have been under orders to fix things around the house so not much progress, besides I was awaiting delivery of brake pipes which came today and the LED headlight, still OS.
I managed to get a couple of hours in routeing the brake Goodridge pipes. They are great quality and very easy to fit but deciding on the best route took a little patience. Thanks Dukedesmo.
I was going to fit the pads and bleed them up but a long while ago I made some titanium pins and I put them somewhere "safe" - always fatal.
On the seat I have a strap which sits on the apex of the hump and covers the gap between the bum stop pad and the seat shell. I originally just intended to velcro it down but that does not quite adhere well enough, particularly where the strap meets the bottom of the seat and has to fold inwards.
Some sort of mechanical fixing is required, press studs would cause the strap to sit too far proud and a single button head bolt I think would eventually tear the ambla upholstery.
I decided that a strip of metal, the width of the strap about 15mm deep with a return that would clamp the amble around and under the seat shell would do the trick.
I was looking at the cam bearing caps and spotted the Ducati logo which is just about the right size and so I decided to take an impression off one of them and see if I could cast some from resin.
I made up a frame to hold some plasticene and took the impression and the first try out is curing as I write this. If it works I will braze a countersunk screw to the metal clip to secure the clip to the seat base and then bond the logo to the outside of the clip. It might not work but worth a try. If not a polshed aluminium clip will have to be made.
I ordered my tank decals (1992 Cagiva script for a 900 SS) from Moto Rapido which should be here on Friday. Unfortunately the little "Ducati" logo which normally sits above the headlight has gone obsolete.
I am hoping for better weather next week (less moisture in the atmosphere) so I can paint the tank, flyscreen and seat hump
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote