View Single Post
Old 30-08-2016, 09:40 AM   #13
Stephenniall

9.5 cfm will struggle with most full size guns. It wouldn't run any of the guns I use but might run some of the smaller Clarke guns or cheaper brands, I'd avoid any like that and buy one of these: https://www.spraygunsdirect.co.uk/a-...-spraygun.html

I've got no affiliation with sprayguns direct, however I bought one of them guns two weeks ago for little blow-ins and painting like bits like fuel filler covers at work and have been really surprised with it, it sprays excellently, it does feel a bit cheap, but they do another gun which is similar but has a better finish and is supposed to spray even better, it is £50 extra though.

If you're using 2k products make sure you buy a top quality respirator, (I use a 3M 06782, and know many professionals who use them daily) I use an air fed mask when I'm spraying in a proper spray booth but if you don't have that privilege a cartridge respirator will suffice.

Also make sure you have decent water traps on your compressor, and you drain all the water out of the tanks before spraying, any water in the airline will cause micro-blistering underneath your paint, and the only real way to fix that is to bare metal the paint.