Thread: s2r or 695?
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Personally I would choose the S2R which one are you looking at the 800 or 1000? While both S2R and 695 are pretty decent, think the 695 is a much revvier short stroke engine but I think it had the most power for cc of any air cooled engine ducati had built up to that point but was only in production a relatively short time, which probably makes it rarer, but was the entry level monster at that time. The S2R 800 on the other hand will probably deliver a more traditional ducati riding experience being closer to the more traditional ducati torquey big bore twin, the 1000 even more so. I'm sure people who have owned both of these bikes would be able to offer more helpful advice, but I don't think there were many known faults with either of these models unlike some of the earlier bikes. Also worth considering is the S4/R which still to me represents great value, as you get a lot of bike (100+hp 4v, 996cc in a very rider friendly package) for your money and some bargains to be had, although inevitably the 4v engine has slightly higher service costs, but not too bad in the scheme of things as most Ducatis have fairly high service costs compared to other manufacturers (unless you intend to do DIY for most tasks?)

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote