View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 02:33 PM   #2
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
I have agreed value on my bike insurance. Policy is a multibike policy for 3 bikes, with an agreed value on each but started as 1 bike with many modifications - too many to get a standard policy which is the reason for the 'custom' agreed value policy.

To get the value I had to fill in a form listing modifications etc. along with the approximate cost of them and my proposed value which they then consider and then either agree or counter a value. They also wanted pictures of the bikes taken from both sides, front and back.

Once value agreed they came back with a figure (plucked from the air no doubt) and of course every year they do the 'increase renewal by 25%, only to back down to about the same as last year once challenged' dance that insurers always do.

In fact this year they dropped to about £100 less than last year but I think this may have been due to desperation over covid causing people to not bother riding their bikes? and so I'm expecting a hefty increase attempt next time round!

Of course all this has to be done with a real person by phone as online doesn't seem to cater too well for anything non-standard, it's with Carole Nash for the record and the experience has been OK so far although I've not made a claim so can't say how that works...

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote