View Single Post
Old 29-04-2020, 12:03 PM   #7
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Its a difficult one to call really ... whether or not to flag up something of potential interest and risk a bidding conflict or to keep quiet.
A further way of looking at it is that two members who would otherwise have unknowingly bid against each other could come to a mutual arrangement between themselves, thus keeping the price down and thereby doing the seller out of getting the best price.
I'm not sure that there is an answer to this one.
Having said that, I think this forum is a natural place to give a heads-up on interesting monsters that come up for sale.

You could make similar comments about parts and accessories too.
My view on this is that I would probably flag up anything rare or unusual that I spotted, if it is the sort of thing that I feel may be attractive or sought after within the monster community.
At the same time, I might be a bit miffed if I was hoping to have my own bid on the quiet for something which got publicised.
Again its a difficult one to answer in my opinion.
My overall view possibly tends towards the notion that this is a monster forum and would be the worse for not having interesting bikes and bits being flagged up.

On the belts issue ... is the lockdown getting to you a bit and making you a bit of tetchy mate ? .....
There is no mention of these belts being ropey, just that there is no record of recent replacement.
ps. for those who don't know, this is a friendly leg pull between very good mates.

I notice that the bike in question has a steel swingarm.
I thought the 900s all had an ally arm ...??
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote