View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 12:51 PM   #22
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy 192 View Post
ok so solenoid does click when pressing the starter button so i presume the wiring is ok. when i put a muliti meter across the two big bolts there is 12,43 volts when the ignition is on, i thought it should be nil ?

it looks like the solenoid

a bit of back ground (it helps)

I bought the bike just the week the lock down started
it was delivered with a dead battery (**** company)
part exed my 2002 900ie dark
they said buy a batt we will give you the cash i did they did. fitted said battery the discovered still not start. they are not the best at answering the phone or emails. blaming the COVID 19
I rejected the bike and wanted my old (working) bike back. they did not reply until last week. offered me some cash as a settlement. I am pretty good with the mechanical side so I agreed as my worries was they may go bust and i will have nothing. so its then i noticed the restriction.

the bike has only done 6k
Puttling the meter accross the two bolts proves nothing really, you're just completing the circuit with the meter. If it clicks then it is getting power but maybe not enough to throw the solenoid closed. The fact that it turns over when shorting out the solenoid suggests the problem could be with it not closing properly on the button. If you get my point? Does it actiually start when you short out the solenoid?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote