Thread: Andreani
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2020, 04:48 PM   #3
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
You may find that the adjustables are marginally better than what you have already since you can reduc the pre-load etc but I think they have similar or the same issues that the non-adjustables have, (showa or Marzo) e.g over sprung and underdamped at least in the case of the Showa ones.

You can at least reduce the pre-load on the adjustable ones which does make them a little bit better but still not as good as the SBK ones which we have on our 748s, Even the standard Showas on my 748 are miles better than the Monster ones. When I refreshed mine on the Monster I changed the springs for HyperPro progressive kit (springs and oil) but that didn't improve things at all. I think the problem is with the damping and compression circuits which is why I have my eye on some of those Andreani valve kits but so far I have not had any feedback from anyone who has fitted them to a Monster.

From what I can see for my adjustable forks they only have the one valve kit listed whereas some of the other forks have both, so maybe only the 1 valve on mine is needed, which is the main problem. My gut is telling me that these are the way forward and at £200 are way cheaper than a K-Tech/Maxton conversion but I would like to hear from others who have fitted these before I commit and waste even more money on these supposedly good quality forks, chasing the impossible dream.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote