View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 02:48 PM   #52
motomartin11

Bike: M750
Is it possible to assess the genuiness of the seller Brian? You usually get a feel for these things when you meet up face to face.
What does he have to say about belt and oil changes? These IMHO are the important factors. Does he know what oil is in ? I was told to use semi synth to avoid clutch problems but how vital that is I don't know.
Tyres are another but having said that mine runs and handles fine on old rubber of different makes. Am going to change them but bike keep throwing up other problems!
Again history can be subjective. Mine had covered very few miles in the last 10 years or so before I bought it and I've still probably only done less than 2K due to reliability.
The tank started leaking on mine which doesn't seem a problem with this bike of your's. I had to get another of Ebay which was a risk but has turned out OK.
I don't find the single front disc to be a problem but I suppose 2 are better than one .
Longer test ride seems to be worth the effort if you can then report back on here and help will be on hand.
motomartin11 is offline   Reply With Quote