View Single Post
Old 11-07-2023, 11:47 AM   #7
RichardDDuke

Bike: Other Ducati
Apologies all for not responding earlier to this thread.
Current situation is that I got my suspension front and back sorted by Jon Sleznak at S1 Suspension Technologies near Brackley.
I still need to get brakes serviced. The pads that were in the calipers were well rusty, but rest "looks OK", but would like to get pistons out, seals replaced and generally cleaned and restored to good working order. I've got new pads ready to fit along with new pins and clips, so it's simply pistons, seals and a clean required.
Still working on new bespoke loom which I'm finding logically OK, but physically frustrating...
I've sorted out new brake and clutch lines, and nose fairing is fitted OK.

List of things to do include ...
Finish loom
Get brake calipers sorted
Get speedo and tacho drive cables sorted as 900ss one are now too short.
Sort out design for instrument cluster and fit.
Fix starter motor
Get engine / carbs serviced

Also probably need new tyres, and possibly chain and sprockets.

So, lots still to do, and patience is wearing thin at times. I don't want to just throw money at it, but there are time when simply getting new brake calipers, starter motor etc. seem very tempting, but go against trying to use what I've already got.

Might take a few days rest from the project to recover sense of proportion of everything else in life. Might possibly even go for a (push) bike ride or two and feel jealous of all of you who are getting Ducati powered assistance and joy instead of sweat and swearing.

ITM, take care all, and keep the shiny side up.

P.S. Glad to hear that Nasher is venturing out again -
RichardDDuke is offline   Reply With Quote