View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #14
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Oh, I got this bug too.

You're probably better off having a look at the video, not quite the same bike as yours though.

I now have NO money whatsoever, will probably starve to death but who cares? My bikes pretty!

Silver nickel plated virtually every single fastener or part that showed any signs of corrosion, including the front and rear wheel axles and nuts, fuel tank bracket, seat cowl brackets, footrest hangar bolts, side stand and bracket to name but a few. In total well over 200 parts were plated (if you really can be bothered then PM me for a full list) and they have come up a treat!! Next was the full exhaust system and clamps which has been lovingly polished. Top and bottom yoke, swing arm end plates, fork bottoms and footrest hangars, brake pedal, gear change pedal, actuating arm and linkages plus a myriad of other bits have all been powder coated, along with the rear sprocket carrier too. Both front and rear wheels have also received the same treatment, as well as new rear cush drive rubbers and bearings and new polished stainless steel front disc rotor bolts. A considerable number of other fasteners have also been replaced with polished stainless steel items. New front steel and alloy rear sprockets and gold DID chain are also fitted, plus lashings of numerous billet alloy parts too numerous to mention. A host of carbon fibre parts like side panels, bellypan and headlight bowl. Um, Rizoma handlebars and grips, DPM mirrors, tail chop, Rizoma aluminium and perspex belt covers, billet reservoir caps, little funky LED indicators etc etc etc etc and etc

And an entirely unique holographic paint job.

The video has a link underneath my signature below.....

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote