View Single Post
Old 28-01-2024, 12:02 PM   #58
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
You'll need the 15mm offset discs.

When I did the Ohlins forks conversion to my 916 they have the bigger offset and whilst spacers would have worked (as I don't have a mech speedo), they don't fit with the speedo drive also, I'm not convinced spacers are ideal as the discs will no longer sit in the wheel properly and so are not held by the 'lip' on the hub.

I've got Brembo HPK discs (6 hole 15mm offset) and when the ally carriers wore out but the rotors were still good I bought replacement carriers from Mode Performance, very helpful and much cheaper than new discs.

I've also got a pair of (unobtanium) 748R 15mm offset discs as spares (sorry not selling) if you need any measurements etc.

For the record the 15mm offset/6 hole discs are harder to find as they were only fitted to the 748R of certain years and, I think 998R? Later SBK models, although 15mm offset used a 5 hole disc which you could use if you bought a new wheel but then the speedo drive won't fit.

Brembo do (or did) make the 15mm offset/6 hole in the 'serie oro' discs but you need to double check before you buy as many sellers don't know the difference.

Luckily the radial brake setup on my Monster uses the 10mm offset discs as they were made for that vintage of bike, all the later models use 15mm offset for better disc cooling, I presume?

I would try Mode Performance first though as I'm sure he can help.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote