View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 07:35 PM   #25
Brian.

Bike: M750
Monster questions!

Hi again all,

I've found a bike I'd like to buy, but there are issues to consider - not many though; mostly I can sort them one or two I'm not sure about.

The headlamp lens is cloudy on the inside - is it possible to dismantle & clean it? Or is it sealed and therefore the whole unit needs to be replaced?

Can anything be done about the side stand springing up when the weight off it? I really don't like that. My 1995 900SS had that too, and I recall changing the spring anchor plate for a different shaped one to make it work like a normal side stand.

There is an issue with what appears to me to be clutch drag. It is difficult, almost impossible in fact, to select neutral from first gear at a standstill when the engine is cold. Fine once it's warmed up. The slave cylinder looks is marked "Oberon CLU-0116", which appears to be an upgrade, is it actually better than a Ducati one? Or could it be causing the problem?

I did searches on the forum for the above, but nothing really came up as if these are common issues.

All answers gratefully received!

Thank you, Brian.

Last edited by Brian.; 02-10-2022 at 07:39 PM..
Brian. is offline   Reply With Quote