View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 09:38 AM   #64
Moco1961

Hi Sue,
long time no hear, hope all is well in the Midlands.

It is my intention to give an update to everyone as soon as I have some positive news, I have been in contact with the Hotel as soon as the "roadmap" was announced last week.

As I dont want to leave folk hanging I will give a brief update as to where I am at with this.

So the hotel's initial reaction was that because the full restrictions dont get lifted until June 21st we were unable to hold the function at the hotel due to numbers involved.

After some e-mail ping pong and devising of cunning plans we came up with the following;

Breakfast can be taken in tables of 2 households and they would become your ‘indoor’ bubble whilst at tables 😊
all drinks are table service until the 21st June, normal trading hours no curfews, but you can mingle outside as restrictions are lifted once you go outside…

In case of bad weather we would have a covered area we can dedicate to you guys, we have plans to create new outdoor dining areas anyway as this is going to be life for the 3 months from April to June

So that looked promising, although heavily restricted we could go to the hotel, inside dining would be in bubbles ,all other dining outside. No function room could be used.
But then Donna mailed me to confirm.

We have also had confirmation that covered areas such as marquees are not going to be classed as ‘outdoor’ space, another kick in the stomach for hospitality. Last year they allowed marquees as long as 2 or more sides were up so at least people were covered. We’ve got new heaters etc coming
It seems we are scuppered if it rains

You can be outdoors mingling but if the weather turns then that’s the problem, we are getting some heaters and hopefully large umbrellas!

We will keep working on the dates this week and see what happens over the next few days – hopefully by Friday we will know one way or another

In summary we can stick with the Weekender date but its outside dining only, mingling restrictions and no covered areas outside so it really is outside. Donna is working to see if she can bump the date past 21st June .

I will keep everyone posted,