View Single Post
Old 30-04-2023, 05:51 PM   #2
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
(yes, there's more - sorry!)

On another M900ie, I had a fuel line on the pressure side split inside a swapped tank (right after fitting the "worked fine in the other tank" fuel pump, thanks universe)... That had similar - but not identical - symptoms; it would idle - on both - for a long time, albeit roughly/badly - it just wouldn't rev over 1200-1500 RPM at all...

Bought a new fuel filter at the same time as the plugs on general principle - even though (a) I hate throwing parts blindly at a problem and (b) they're a massive PITA to fit if you happen to have regular human-sized arms.

Which will at least give an opportunity to eyeball the in-tank parts for condition, blow through lines etc - I've yet to need to do anything inside the tank on this particular bike. Maybe something will be clogged/unable to deliver fuel at the required rate. I should probably pull the fuel return and observe flow when it's running...

I've got both FI pressure test and injector cleaner/test kits showing up next week, so will probably try to confirm or disprove the working theory/collect more info before diving in deeper. I do so hate pulling/re-fitting the pump on these models...
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote