View Single Post
Old 23-05-2020, 11:01 AM   #68
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I origanally thought these LED units were too modern looking and would not suit a monster with it's retro style headlamp, but I have had a rethink considering the carbon shell/rim that I bought but was undecided on what to do. It would look ok with the chrome rim with the original lamp/lens but that was poor and even HID wasn't brilliant and since they have decided that HID conversions are not acceptable I decided to to go for it.

I have since decided that it would look nice with an LED unit, so with Gazza's help I'm just getting all the bits together.

Well all the required parts for this conversion are slowly coming together now. I still need some minor hardware: rim clamp and screw etc. and the wiring loom, since I want to make this conversion to swap out the whole headlight unit plug and play so I can switch it easily: -

Carbonvani shell and rim: -

Which I have to say is just an absolutely lovely bit of kit: -

One of Gazzas adapter rings: -

LED lamp unit: -

It all seems to fit together nicely. I've not used the clips yet as I noticed that the lamp unit was cracked and it is still visible when fitted together so I am waiting for a replacement/refund on that.

More to follow when I clip it all together.

This is what it should look like when all 3 parts together: -

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage

Last edited by Darren69; 24-05-2020 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: added new pic
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote