Thread: Misfire
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 03:08 PM   #22
motomartin11

Bike: M750
Well this saga continues.........Ignition side was (we thought ) all sorted. Carbs were cleaned again. Road test proved to be OK but then misfire returned. The carbs and ignition were stripped again and there was a damaged woodruff key on the other ( inside) of the gear. Took my mate 4 hours to get the flywheel off as he had taken steps to lock it all up after the other damage to the crank end.
Anyway and I don't fully understand this as I haven't seen the bike since it went to my mate's in November. It appears the ignition timing was slightly out due to the damage to the gear so my mate removed the damage to the gear, made a new woodruff key and a spacer on his lathe to take up the play which the machining to the side of the gear had caused.
After more testing there was still a misfire so the carbs were ultra sonically cleaned again but more debris was found in the fuel filter. He's sent me a video of the tank being flushed through the filler with his hose and you can see the debris still coming out. The tank has now been dried with his airline and he's sent me a pic of it up against a radiator to complete the drying out process which will take several days.
He says if more debris appears in the fuel filter after this I will need to get the original tank repaired and try again!
Bike has always been run by me on super unleaded btw
motomartin11 is offline   Reply With Quote