View Single Post
Old 16-04-2018, 09:31 PM   #1
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Early seat wanted

Can I add this folllowing another seat thread.
I have the original seat 1993 and a couple of disappointing tears which bother me on the tight radius corners. Tonight I even stripped the front back to try and make a repair which seems unlikely to be perfect if at all satisfactory.
I say this because I also bought a brand new old stock with the correct tight radius from Italy a few years ago for decent money. But im really disappointed in the fact I have two red seat cowls that fit badly on it and perfect on the 93 one. What it does is leaves a gap under the front of the cowl about 6mm high and across the top edge to the sides. It also sits up at the back over the tail light so much so it doesn't hide the back of the seat and also the end of the sides.
This is because although still the same pt number exactly Ducati seemed to have flattened the top for pillions and also added foam on the back edge almost to an invisible rectangle instead of the blended radius.
This spoils my bike but I have to live with it or remove the new seats cover and fit to the old foam as no one produces a good enough copy as I have looked.
If anyone wants to sell me a nice early seat no tears I would appreciate it. Does anyone else have their cowls sit high at the back.

IMG_3788 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

IMG_3794 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

For tonight I have some weights trying to squish it but doubt it will help.. The front of the seat cowl should be about 20-25mm behind the textured part.

On a brighter note the NOS bar ends are fitted and look erm similar to the last except the fittings.

Last edited by Albie; 16-04-2018 at 09:57 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote