View Single Post
Old 22-06-2020, 08:05 AM   #52
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Well done Richard and Hamish. That's the best story I've read on here for a long time.

I'm looking forward to a gentle test ride on those tyres, even more so if you manage to get new ones fitted by that time, definitely a good move if you're riding it down to London.

Also looking forward to a meet up at the Memorial, I'm looking at July 5th for that, unless the US servicemen have a service on that day?

That's a bargain Monster, but all the profit is in the experience and the nice folk you meet along the way..

I have now tried to avoid buying new bolts with my current restoration. I bought a bright Nickel plating kit and also steel specific polishing soaps and dedicated mops. If the threads are good and the heads still hexagonal, I polish them up and put the sparkle back on with a layer of bright Nickel. Obviously this also works well on spacers and many other parts that soon add up if replaced with a card. I draw the line at washers, I do buy those and some of the smaller nuts as it's like peeling peas!

You didn't mention the best tip of all if contemplating a re-build or restoration, and that's join a nice owners club. You came up trumps with this one, and I hope you have a long happy association with it.

It's been a pleasure to be involved with your project. Thanks for allowing us to help.