View Single Post
Old 25-10-2020, 06:12 AM   #120
sandromxp

Plastic headlight bucket

I received Gary’s adapter and since I already had the headlight off the bike I tried to see if I could get it to work. Gary has warned me to be careful with it as someone had broken one. I bent the 3 tabs that held the old light in. I was able to get the adapter to go in easily and then tried the light which fit without any issues. At this point I was going to try to see if I could bend the tabs and use the square nuts that held the headlight in some way. I was able to bend them that I was able to get them to make contact with the light and it still had some play. I removed the nuts because I didn’t want to put too much pressure on the adapter. After some trial and error I was able to get the light so I didn’t have any movement and felt solid. I then tried it on the bike and went for a test ride since it was already dark at this point. I have to say the led headlight make a huge difference and it’s a solid light beam. I’m going to remove the light when I have some time in the next few days when I have time to go to a hardware store to see if I can find some acorn bolt nuts so I can use them instead of the square nuts do it will be a better connection. I’m also going to put a couple of beads of silicone to help stop water from getting in. I’ll post some photos once I get everything together. Thanks again to Gary for making these adapters!

Sandro