View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 11:27 AM   #17
dunf

Bike: M1200s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukedesmo View Post
I would but it's not easy as the bikes, being modified, agreed value etc. all need to be talked through and can't do online so it takes a while, which is why I've been with them for some years as I couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

Took me around 45 minutes to get it all sorted with the new company, I was going to try a few others but was happy enough with the first I tried (Footman James, BTW) so, as you say their (Carole Nash) loss.

The only oddity is that, because the bikes are on a classic policy by virtue of being 20+ years old then the 'riding other bikes' is also only for 20+ yr old bikes - so I can only borrow yer bike if it's an old'un...
I've the same bother as you. My quote doubled this year. Of my 4 bikes, 2 are modern, 2 are classic, 1 of each is highly modified and the 2 classics have agreed values. Its a nightmare setup with the current insurance 'rules'. I used to be with Carole Nash but now been with Bemoto for a few years. I was also prev with FJ about 10yrs ago but seem to be black-balled from them now after taking them to the ombudsman for malpractice and winning my case. They havent quoted me since.

On the plus side - Bemoto originally said they couldnt lower my (doubled) price because my M1200 was more powerful than anything i had insured before. I provided evidence that I used to race in both 600 and 1000 national series, and they've just come back with £200 off. So about £100 increase form last year which is easier to swallow.
dunf is offline   Reply With Quote