View Single Post
Old 17-11-2019, 02:22 PM   #12
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
It all depends on what you regard as "correct". I certainly would not describe it as incorrect in any way.
It could well be that you have a late registered bike, the VIN numbers will tell you that. The "'93 lads" will be along and be able to date your bike fairly well from the VIN.
It could also be that a batch of 888/851 hoops were discovered in the stores and utilised on that particular production run.
Yellow hoops are very special and coveted, I like to see them. Yes I believe they are the same yellow as the spring. Weren't they originally supplied by the same people as the shock as part of the (then) radical suspension?

^Doh! Slob has the answer before the question^..
The VIN numbers are not an accurate way of dating a Bike, it appears Ducati had a big pile of frames and pulled them randomly from the pile. Mine was built May 1993 / registered Aug 1993 and is number 1015. Crust’s for example is 500 and something and is a December registered Bike if I recall correctly. I spoke to Marco Rimondi at the factory about it a few years ago, he has a Feb 94 built 900 with a VIN in the 400’s. The only real way to date it is if the original build ticket is still on the bike somewhere

Ped