View Single Post
Old 29-04-2020, 09:19 PM   #16
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I think if I see something that may be interesting to others on the forum I will continue to post it.
If it is eBay/gumtree there will be thousands of potential purchasers so the possibility of collusion between 2 forum members to the disadvantage of the seller is surely not an issue as the sale price will be the sale price determined by the thousands, not the 2.

If I was selling anything Monster related I would put it on here first, at a price below an eBay price simply because if someone is interested they are more likely to be a genuine buyer and that is worth something, less likelihood of a scam or total timewaster.

Unless I have a connection, I will always state "no connection" and people can read the ad and make their own judgments about the quality or otherwise of the article for sale. In this instance, a forum member has probably saved another forum member from making an expensive mistake - a benefit of a community. I do feel slightly concerned that in this instance I flagged up a dog but in future, I will put an appropriate disclaimer so that everyone knows that caveat emptor applies.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote