View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 09:56 AM   #1
deanyoungblood

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Mild Restoration - M900sie

Hi All,

I’ve been a Monster owner since May 2022 and have had some good advice and help from members here already.

The bike is in pretty good condition, however there are a few areas I’d like to restore as I like my bikes in good condition.

The frame has some rust spots and the engine casings are tired and need reconditioning.

This brings me to my point; my garage has no electricity and no lighting as it is part of a collection of garages at the end of my street.

I’d like to undertake this work myself by stripping the engine out and getting the frame powdercoated, however with my current situation this isn’t possible.

Are there any companies that would undertake such mild restoration for a reasonable cost?

I’m mindful that I won’t get this money back in bike value, at least not for the next 5-10 years.

This is the only option or I’d have to sell as I don’t want the condition worsening due to sitting in a damp garage over future winters.

The bike is in generally really good condition, it’s just the frame and engine that bothers me.

Any help welcome!
deanyoungblood is offline   Reply With Quote