View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 10:20 AM   #12
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clockie View Post
Darren,

I can see your argument re slipper clutches but would respectfully submit that the only reason to ride a 748 is to go like merry hell, banging gears in at great speed! I've dabbled very slightly with vee-twin sportsbikes but know they aren't my style at all, at least not on the roads around here, so am content to take time in making good manual gearchanges with clutch and throttle synchrony.

Which is not to say I wouldn't like to have a Ducati sportsbike in the garage to admire! I seriously test-rode an 888 a few months ago, meaning to invest a lot of money (for me) in a real classic Ducati, but I didn't gel with it at all. The S4R is much more me, especially after spinning the 'bars somewhat to give a flatter wrist angle. First time I've come across pegged brake and clutch levers: the cheek of manufacturers to try to dictate a rider's ergonomics!

Nick
Pegged, really? Are they on the bars or the clamps? I never knew and I don't think mine were, although I do recall there were some monster specific master cylinders with the mirror boss in the centre of the clamp part and not on the top of it, and then they had been rotated 45 degrees so the centre of the clamp part was on top. If that makes sense?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote