Thread: Ohlins help!
View Single Post
Old 19-02-2021, 12:43 PM   #14
yellowfever

Bike: S2r 1000
Many thanks Darren, that’s all super helpful! For the remote preload I’ll probably first try to DU 333 standard mounting point at the top of the pillion peg hanger using a bracket (if I can get one - if not frame mounting it with this bracket you kindly sent the link for looks a good alternative). It I can get a bracket the top of the footpeg hanger is a nice out of the way position whilst also being handy enough for easy adjustment when taking pilions/luggage.

I see your shock has compression as a piggy back, mine is on a hose (as it needs to be to fit the frame). I’d want to mount the compression reservoir to the rear frame and here I’ll probably need some of those rubber mounting bits that fit the curve of the frame on one side and the curve of the reservoir on the other if I can get them) and cable ties or maybe jubilee clips. I guess we see what fitting bits I or my suspension guy can get hold off, plus what he thinks on the hoses condition. If they need replacing then that gives more options to get bespoke lengths of hose to work with various reservoir placement options. Otherwise I may have to get ingenious!

So if anyone knows where to get the “L” shaped preload adjuster bracket and the rubber mount things please point me in the right direction. Hopefully this picture appears? Shows the bracket and rubber mounts I’d need.

https://imgur.com/mpvBI4Z
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote