View Single Post
Old 17-02-2020, 06:41 PM   #1153
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I haven't considered the modified cam throttle because that was the first I heard of them.
I will try my rear chain tensioner first and see if it a) works at all and b) removes some of the snatchiness. With the chain correctly adjusted (c25mm up and down play in the middle of the chain run with the bike on the ground) and with the tensioner bungee disengaged, the top run of the chain sags about 8mm at the mid point between the sprockets. Engaging the tensioner causes the top run to be straight with virtually no sag so I am hopeful it might work.
Today was supposed to be packing the silencer with some sound deadening fleece and polishing the exhaust and fitting it. When I took the DB killer out of the end there was wadding already inside behind a welded in perforated almost full length inner tube so there was nothing for me to do but polish the can and the pipes on the buffer.
picture hosting websites free
I also did the brake lever and a couple of other alloy bits.
ETTC is now down to 124 hours Inclusive of a re-siting and re-manufacture of a mounting for the regulator rectifier which will not work where I had planned to fit it.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote