View Single Post
Old 14-04-2018, 09:15 PM   #1
dk1six

New here...from the other side of the pond

Just joined up yesterday thought I'd come over here for a fresh look on things and maybe learn a few things. I belong to four different Duc forums over here but I have to say I do like the mindset and approach you chaps have over here. Laid back, not too serious and I never really get the sense that there's a lot of testosterone mixed in with the writings, I like the lack of it. I use to frequent Triumph.net back when I restored a barn find TT600 loved that bike as a daily rider but I sold it over an offer I couldn't refuse...haven't been back there much these days but they were a good helpful lot and you never saw the useless insults that can prevail elsewhere.

I had two beautiful Ducs, (an 05 S2R800 and an 07 S4RT), that I spent more time and money on than I care to admit to, I sold them both inside of three weeks after convincing myself that they weren't my riding style, that was three years ago. I went through a handful of bikes while trying to get back to similar to what I had in those two monsters and looked at a lot of them across the states here. Within the last month I picked up an 02 Foggy with 1,931 miles #196 and an 05 S2R800 with just under 8k miles on it, both unmolested. I've had an 06 MTS for about a year now got it from a woman one town over it has 3,367 miles when I got it and now it's my daily rider...I think I'm happy again haha!! I do need to learn more about the S4.

That's my story