View Single Post
Old 22-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #390
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
The Fastbikegear ignition system arrived yesterday, but only after I had paid an extra £109 to cover VAT, customs charges and handling fee (also with VAT).
The kit comprises an Ignitech box with wires to coils and to the Hall effect sender/receptors with a diagnostic lead/connector that should plug into a PC (open connections with no means of sealing it), a hard plastic belt cover 3 D printed, an aluminium hub for bolting to the camshaft sprocket shaft, 2 x 3 D printed plastic clips to be screwed to the belt cover and that holds the Hall effect receptors (two chips 3mm square with 3 x 20mm prongs off each) which have to be inserted into the plastic clip and soldered to wires that go to the Ignitech box and a circular plastic part that holds 2 x 3mm dia magnets.
Seems a lot of money for not very much. I hope it works as well as they claim and reliably. I obviously now have to find somewhere to put the Ignitech box, presumably away from heat and moisture and possibly distant from magnetic interference from the coils. So far, I have found no recommendations in the paperwork sent with the kit – doesn’t mean it is not there – just I haven’t found it yet
I have also been reading the installation manual for the electronic control unit and found a recommendation that this is mounted at least 300mm away from the coils, my current design is about 100mm away. I am thinking that I will have to make a Faraday cage around the coils so as not to interfere with the control unit and / or Ignitech box.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote