View Single Post
Old 23-10-2017, 08:32 PM   #9
Flip

Bike: M900
V-Power is awful stuff and the work of the Devil.

I can only assume from when I used it for a season on my race bike that the way it rotted through carburettor inlet stubs, other rubbery bits and even destroyed the Caswells' liner stuff in a composite fuel tank that was fitted at the time (since replaced with an Alloy tank) that it is full of Ethanol and other chemicals which cause those things to disintegrate.

To be fair I couldn't notice the bike running any worse or better on Shell but no issues of things falling apart with BP Ultimate fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Ducati Italy who said its to do with the ethanol content and the 2012 onwards bikes being set up to run on E10 and that 0 ethanol fuel can cause running problems.
I wonder if Ducati (and Triumph for that matter) have any thoughts on those post 2012 bikes with plastic tanks which have now swollen due to the Ethanol that they 'have been set up to run on'?

Oh yeah wait a minute- they've gone back to metal tanks and left all those owners with plastic ones to fork out instead of giving warranty replacements!

Last edited by Flip; 23-10-2017 at 08:39 PM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote