View Single Post
Old 21-09-2020, 12:29 PM   #7
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Sorry, Yea mines an '02.
Yeh, no worries - I like the old-school clocks, but the early S4s share a few parts with aircooled 900s - or, like the clocks, parts that look like them, but are actually specific to the S4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
You may not even have engine 2 temp sensors then, I guessing? I usually get around 100 miles on a tank before the fuel light starts to come one and off. So it sounds like yours is definitely more thirsty.
Yeh; my main concern is actually the unpredictable response; would prefer not to be heeled over and open the throttle only to have it spit back/sputter.. It also died at a traffic light yesterday, the instant it turned green. After having idled fine for a while. Re-started at the first compression stroke. Odd.

Certainly has a sensor on the rear pot - but every time I look at the front of the motor, my eyes are invariably drawn instead to the radiator and wondering WTF is up with that

(my end tanks, unlike almost every other S4 I've seen, don't have the screw bosses for the heat shields, and the mounts are assembled weird/wrong; I've wondered if it's an ST2/ST4 or some other random radiator bodged on. Browsing prices for an S4 rad, it dawns on me why someone might do that..)
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote