View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 09:42 PM   #21
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
It's alive!

I spent the evening fitting the new Mosfet RR kit, and the battery now charges at a healthy 14ish volts. So naturally I've purchased the insurance and road tax, ready for me to tidy up the wiring tomorrow.

Next up: Replace the dirty airfilter (pipercross on its way) and put a fresh set of plugs in as I have no idea when they were last changed... which leads to the obvious question:

What plugs for a 93 900 lump with V2 heads? I'm picking that the Iridiums wemoto suggest are probably on point? (https://www.wemoto.com/bikes/ducati/...ug_ngk_iridium)

I think I'm gonna need to spend some time tuning this as it is running quite rich at the moment. Need to give it a chance of a proper run and get through some of the 4-month old fuel first.

Over the next few weeks I'll be attending to various bits and bobs - gotta get that headlight that Moco1961 sold to me fitted (and banish those godawful streetfighter twin headlights for good!). Starter is definitely slow, I've got a new relay to go on as the one on it tends to stick, and I've got my eye on a set of hicap leads on ebay (not cheap but cheaper than that american outfit).
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote