View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 08:22 AM   #50
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I sense you problems with this bike are:
1. difficulty of finding neutral - they all do that to some extent - it can be ridden round and there may be an amelioration of the issue with different engine oil, bleeding of the slave cylinder, chain adjustment/replacement - for me this would not be one strike and your out issue
2. the fact that it has been used on trackdays - The engine cannot be over revved - the inlet manifold configuration means that the power drops off naturally - it cannot get enough air/petrol mixture into the cylinders to produce any more power, it is hardly an over stressed unit anyway at less than 100bhp /litre. My 750SS always ran much better after a sound thrashing and in any case the fact that it has been on track days does not mean it has been used that hard anyway. Most novice track day riders do get not to full throttle for much more than 5 seconds a lap, the worst case is if someone changes down too many gears and over revs it that way and the most likely outcome from that is broken piston rings (which if it runs sweetly it obviously does not have), Desmo means the valves cannot interfere with each other. This would also not be a terminal consideration in my book.
So it is down to the price vs the lack of service records vs what else might be available, if you think the price is good and you think the mileage is genuine then it could be an excellent bike.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote