View Single Post
Old 15-04-2019, 09:13 PM   #2
Moco1961

Weekender Reboot~ whats happening

So on the Friday we all make our way to the Hotel, no pressure on anyone, rooms are booked and your meal will be arranged.

Please let the Hotel know what time you will arrive and they will reserve a table, Myself Chris and Geoff have a table at 19.30, anyone else wanting to join us and eat at that time shout up and it will be so.

Saturday will be a ride out leaving the hotel with the first port of call being the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and the Llangollen Canal World Heritage site , the Aqueduct is a 70-foot (21 m) high and 710-foot (220 m) long navigable aqueduct that carries what is now the Llangollen Canal across the Ceiriog Valley . so we start off with a World Heritage site.......c'mon !

We will then ride through some cracking roads and scenery to arrive at the Sygun copper mine, this is a good stretch , we may well have a tea stop en-route.
The Mine is a Victorian copper mine which closed in 1903 but was renovated and reopened as a tourist attraction in 1986, managed by none other than our very own "Bitza "......( see I am bigging you up here Mike ). There is a cafe at the Mine for those who need a bite, for the adventure seekers the trip into the mine is about 40 minutes, well worth it, especially when you hear the deal. So Mike has kindly agreed we donate to the wales Air Ambulance and entry will be free. To do this we will have a raffle on the Friday night with all funds going to the Air Ambulance....... prizes for the raffle have been donated by Geoffs Ducati contacts....watch this space.

We then hit the roads again with the planned destination the Ponderossa cafe on the horseshoe pass, we need to get there by 16:00 to grab a cuppa and enjoy the view, it closes at 17:00.

That gives us time to get back to the Hotel and chill a while before we have dinner at 20:00. The menu will follow on the next post, Helen wants all meals to be pre-booked. to do this please contact myself, on a thread or PM will be fine. I have agreed to do a spreadsheet for her. She has had too many errors in the past with different hotel staff taking meal requests so is quite insistent about this.

Meal over its time to relax and listen to our guest speaker who is Ducati from Head to toe and a great bloke to go with it. He has some great tales to tell and loves engaging with the audience, I am sure we can raise a question or two.

Thats Friday and Saturday, please see the next post for Saturday menu......