View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 01:33 PM   #7
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
coppaslip is the key to being able to undo them again later
Yeh, I wish; ordered that at the same time as I ordered the bolts for another project. Had time to realize I ordered the wrong bolts (second I opened the packet, heh) and re-order - and still receive them in time.

But has the tube of coppaslip shown up? Nope. Especially ironic as things have shown up from the other end of the country in the same time - and this company is two counties over... A little galling (what? )

Actually, my preferred product these days is a "Marine Grade Anti-Seize Stainless Steel Lubricant";

Quote:
MRO Solution 2400 Marine Grade Anti-Seize USA Made Product Available in 8 oz Brush-Top container Designed specifically for marine applications, Solution 2400 protects fasteners and assemblies from rust, corrosion and wear caused by fresh and salt water via direct contact and humidity. Excellent water resistance and water wash-out resistance and temperature resistant to 2400ºF.
(emphasis mine). I've used a ton of it - and will buy more when I use it up, because it seems to do what it says on the tin (actually a screw-top plastic bottle, but y'know).

Can't seem to get it in the UK - in the same way that you can't seem to get copper-based assembly/antiseize lubes in the US... Not fashionable or something. So coppaslip is the fall-back.
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote