View Single Post
Old 16-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #27
Josh

696 late arrival

Just joined and read the merry band of " getting fed up with waiting for new 696" brigade. I ordered mine from Ducati Manchester in mid March being the first time I was able to have a look at one (they had a white one in store just for a weekend). didn't quibble on the price put down a deposit and was told it would be end of May early June at the latest. Chose red one because I was told they would come through first.

After various empty suggestions of delivery over the last few weeks I sent an e-mail to Ducati UK who said they couldn't comment on individual owner orders but did indicate my dealer was due to get a small number of bikes this month and then went on to wax lyrically about "just wait until you enjoy the Passion" (no comment). Rang the dealer again a short while afterwards who said they had just had a meeting with the importer (they are also obviously getting a bit fed up) and now it seems they have changed the delivery. They seem to have put everybody's order and date of order into a national system and the bikes will be sent out and allocated accordingly.

If I was buying a new Audi the dealer would be ringing me just to tell me each time they fitted a new part to the car and precisely to the second when it would be delivered. I know this is different and happy to accept some of the idiosyncrasies of buying a Ducati - that is just the reason I am doing.

Interested to hear someone was thinking of maybe changing to a Duke. I was as well. Perhaps persuade my missus to get one so I can play on both...

I'll keep posting any news about the delivery.

Josh