View Single Post
Old 19-05-2020, 03:51 PM   #76
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
It's not clear what year your bike is and what the original equipment would be.

Haha tell me about it. It started life as a 94 M600 but the only thing that remains M600 is the frame. The engine is an early V2, but the brakes could easily be 98+ as the clutch is a remote reservoir unit, though the brake has always been this AP Racing unit, which I have no history for other than AP themselves telling me it's a very early version, and they started production in the early 90s.

If I were to go back to "stock" (the term doesn't apply to my bike since it's a hybrid) then I'd consider that to be the 16mm Goldline master, as that's what I'm used to (I've not owned a coffin Monster).

That's interesting information re: piston/lever force/feel - the AP unit is definitely quite wooden, but I hadn't played with it's ratio adjuster yet, and it appears to be missing the knob for reach adjustment. I believe you're right about the ratio adjusters being there is bring some of the progressive feel of a smaller piston - it's also be what the 18-20 means for the RCS unit, the range of feel being 18mm - 20mm.

I remember being very impressed with the stock brakes on my 99 M900 once the calipers had been rebuilt. Maybe the 16mm is really the one to go for. Hmm.
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote