View Single Post
Old 08-04-2024, 01:12 PM   #14
dunf

Bike: M1200s
Ahhh. where do i begin with this insurance nightmare i've been having...

Bikesure = shambolic. Absolute waste of time. Spent a couple hours on phone two weeks ago listing all the bikes, details, modifications and agreed value requirements. Got price. Accepted. Paid.

Last week i tried to initiate the agreed value process. Usually involves sending in pics and engineers reports for the modifications etc. Bikesure then informed me they no longer do agreed values as of April 1st. I explained i paid for my policy prior to that, but they insisted the cut off was policy start, not payment date. Reason they gave was that all their underwriters have now removed this provision so they are no longer able to honour it. They agreed they had mis-sold me my cover, and would refund, but perhaps no point as this will affect the whole market?

So i did some investigating, and could not find any other person that was aware of these conditions since April 1st. I spoke to underwriters, brokers and a motor journalist. I also received a call from a corporate contact in a large insurer who heard about my situation and offered me a quote (including agreed value!) to assist.

So are BS just spouting BS? Who knows. They have processed a refund in full now (will take 10 days though), but refused to let me enter their complaints process and would not confirm in writing what they had told me verbally about the agreed values.

Fair to say I won't be calling them for another quote any time soon.
dunf is offline   Reply With Quote